Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Somewhere in the Middle

“Somewhere between the hot and the cold,
somewhere between the new and the old.
Somewhere between who I am and who I used to be,
somewhere in the middle, you'll find me.”
Love, love, LOVE that song by Casting Crowns and it really hits home for where I am in my journey right now, weight and otherwise.
Last week, I hit the 20 pound marker. I’m over half way to my weight loss goal. I should be jumping for joy. Yet much like the character in the song above, I’m a little apprehensive. Change is scary. Even positive change can bring about a case of the jitters.
“Fearless warriors in a picket fence, reckless abandon wrapped in common sense.
Deep water faith in the shallow end and we are caught in the middle”.
I wonder if that’s why so many people are content being caught in the middle?
Wouldn’t it be great to live life as a fearless warrior? Living with reckless abandon. Setting crazy goals. Dreaming larger than life dreams.
I don’t know about you, but I love listening to kids talk about their hopes for the future. Man, they have some gigantic dreams without limits. Sometimes they crack me up, and sometimes they blow me away with their sunshiny optimism. They don’t care if the dreams are silly, ill-timed or possibly unachievable. They are not caught in the middle; they are caught in the moment.
Where does that moment go? What happens when we grow up? What makes us cautious? Hesitant? Leery? Cynical?
We get hurt…fail. We get burned...run out of steam. Common sense kicks in.
As I’m caught in the middle, I am reminded that I have the power to get “unstuck”. Every day I have a choice and the beauty of it all? Even if I screw things up, God gives me another fresh start.
So this week, have faith in yourself. Take stock in your abilities. You have done and will do some incredible things! Tap into your fearless warrior. Do something you’ve been putting off yet wanting to do.  
The only thing holding you back…is you!
Make the choice, commit to the choice and continue with courage.
Hugs and friendship,
Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment