Monday, April 4, 2011

Humble Pie

If you know me, you know that I haven’t met many pies I don’t like- apple crumb, cherry, pumpkin, lemon meringue…add a little whipped cream and YUM! One pie that I don’t find particularly tasty is humble pie. Have you ever had a taste? It tastes a little bitter.  
This week, I had myself a little slice and it was pretty hard to swallow. It wasn’t a stellar week all around. Work was busy, our evenings were filled with kid stuff, the weather was crap and I was sick for a few days. All in all, it was a challenge to stay on point with my eating and exercise. I did manage to stay on program and was conscientious about the foods I was putting in my mouth, but due to sickness and a crazy schedule, I only exercised once.
So I figured, “oh well, life happens”, at least you ate right and you stuck with it, that’s half the battle. And I strolled into my WW meeting thinking, “ok you probably maintained but it’s better than a gain”, and WHAMMO, I gained.
You might be thinking, dang, I’m not gonna follow this blog; this girl can’t even lose weight. But hang with me here. Remember losing and maintaining weight, it’s not an overnight gig. It takes a lifetime of effort. If I have learned anything from Weight Watcher’s, it’s that perseverance pays. It didn’t take me two weeks to gain this weight, it took years. This transformation isn’t going to happen overnight, I’m going to have to work for it.
“Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything”. ~ James 1:2-4
Life is going to throw us a bunch of curve balls, and some are going to be harder than losing a few pounds. What’s important to remember is that you have the strength to persevere, through anything that comes your way.  These trials, and your reactions to them, will shape who you are.
Keep the faith and believe in yourself. Stick with me on this journey, because the best is yet to come!
Make the choice, commit to the choice and continue with courage.
Hugs and friendship,
Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment