Monday, April 4, 2011

The After Picture

So I’ve been thinking about doing this blog for quite some time. I’ve been thinking…and thinking…and thinking…and thinking some more. My friend Cathy is probably laughing when reading this. And my husband Nate has been known to say “Tara, you overanalyze the heck out of things”. So true.  
What can I say? I like to mull things over. I was taking this quiz the other day and while I was deciding on an answer about being spontaneous I read the note in parentheses that read “if you’re still thinking about your answer, you can pretty much rule out spontaneous”. Ha!
I never like to do something unless I can do it all the way, giving better than my best effort. Doing it just right. Blowing it out of the ball park.  
Sometimes this leads to procrastination. Ever experienced this? I tend to get in my own way. When I was creating this blog (in my head), I had in mind the “after picture”. You know the one where I look fit and fab-u-lous and have reached my goal. So I thought, I’ll just wait until I reach my goal AND THEN, I’ll start my blog.
Ever had one of those moments? I’ve heard it’s called “someday syndrome”.  Someday, I’ll try a new hobby. Someday, I’ll paint the living room. Someday, I’ll have more time to spend with the kids. Someday, I’ll take a day off. Someday, I’ll call that person I’ve been meaning to reach out to. Someday, I’ll lose this weight. Someday, I’ll start that blog.
Well I don’t know about you, but I’m fed up with someday syndrome. Because all of those somedays go by and you’re still in the same place. You can’t make a change if you don’t take the first step. So here I am, mustering up the courage to take that the first step by sharing my journey with you. Will you come along with me?
One step at a time…one day at a time…one choice at a time…one challenge at a time.
Are you ready? I sure am! Make your someday- today!
Make the choice, commit to the choice and continue with courage.
Hugs and friendship,
Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment