Thursday, May 24, 2012

Your Time Is Now

Can anyone feel the pain behind my eyes?
Can anyone hear me cry?
Can anyone see my light that begs to shine?
When will it be my time?
I started this poem one evening when I lying in bed having a severe neuralgia attack. I never finished the poem, because the words and the pain were too raw. I recently shared my below progress update photos with some friends and family, and now I share them with you. It’s really interesting how some people commented that that in my earlier photos, I was smiling, but not on the inside.  
I compiled my progress photos because quite frankly there are some days that this messed up head of mine doesn’t sync with my new body. Even though I’ve lost 30 pounds, dropped two clothing sizes and feel better than I have in a long LONG time; when I look in the mirror, sometimes I still see old Tara. I’m really glad I took the progress pictures along the way, because they help me to remember how I felt then and to cherish how I feel now. Like some of my friends and family could see, I had so much pain behind my eyes.
This past year has been far more than a weight loss journey for me. It’s been a true transformation emotionally, physically and spiritually. The first step was being relieved of my chronic pain thanks to acupuncture. That really was the springboard to my good health. Being able to control my pain led me to a new career. I was so shut down from being ill, I would not take any risk as I was terrified it would bring more pain. It wasn’t until I was able to open myself to the possibility of trying something new that I was able to get my current job. Opportunity begins at the end of your comfort zone…right?
Shortly after starting my job, I began eating right, exercising and I started this blog. Yet another risk, baring my soul and sharing my ups and downs with friends AND strangers. What I’ve done, over the past year, with the help of many wonderful and supportive people, is to get my life back.  
It is my wish for you that someone or something will light that spark in you that is begging to shine. That someone or something will push you out of your comfort zone, helping you to see the absolutely incredible things you are capable of doing and being. That someone or something will help you to realize that this is YOUR time.
Ask for help. Make the choice. Commit to the choice. Continue with courage.
Hugs and friendship,
Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment