Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Complacency Crossroads

Have you ever felt like you were in one of those cartoons where the train is careening out of control because the evil villain has taken over? Well my weight loss train is certainly not careening, but has been chugging along somewhat slowly and seems to be making at stop at Complacency Crossroads.
I have two approaches when it comes to achieving my goals. #1- Hungry Like a Wolf (oh yeah, who loves Duran Duran?)- I’m so hungry to reach my goal that no-one or no-thing will stand in my way. I am in relentless pursuit of my end in mind and will not stop until I achieve it. #2- Close Enough is Good Enough- I am really close to my ideal state and close enough is good enough. For me, both of these options are workable. They require self-awareness and ongoing analysis as well as accepting either path as what is best at that time. What doesn’t work for me is being stuck at Complacency Crossroads.
I am one pound, yes, you read right, ONE pound away from reaching my goal! Easy peazy lemon squeezy right? Wrong? After a week of a good marginal effort of sticking to my eating and exercise, I gained last week. I was so close to goal that I should have had a laser focus on reaching that goal, yet I was dithering around at Complacency Crossroads. Don’t you love that word dithering? My Mom-Mom used to tell me not to dither, I’m not even sure I knew what she meant. Now if she would have said stop dillydallying, I would have totally understood her. ;)
As a lifetime Weight Watcher, I know that I am at a crossroads, and I need to move my train off this track.  Close enough is not good enough for me this time. Sure some will say “a pound is a pound, if you feel great and are healthy, so what?” Well, truth be told, this one pound is actually standing in the way of my becoming a Weight Watcher’s leader. I have my Weight Watcher’s leader application on my goals board, the entire sheet is filled out, except for the reached goal weight line. So in this circumstance,  close enough is not good enough.
So the question becomes, how do I move from Complacency Crossroads to the Can Do Expressway? I loved this street sign. I made my husband stop so I could take a picture of it because I thought to myself, I want to be on the Can Do Expressway every single day. Yes, a street sign actually made me think this. J I want CAN DO to be the way I live my life.

I’m very sure I have the answer to that question within me and that I know how to jump the track to the Can Do Expressway, after all, I’ve done it many times before…so stayed tuned to find out how I change my direction.
Ask for help. Make the choice. Commit to the choice. Continue with courage.
Hugs and friendship,
Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment