Friday, March 2, 2012

Am I Boring You?

Why is it that most women have such a hard time accepting a compliment? Is it just me? For example a friend says “you’ve lost weight, you look great!”…me- “thanks, I’m working on it” or “thanks, I’m getting closer to my goal” or “thanks, I’m not quite there yet”. Or with my hair…friend “I love your new hair cut!”…me- “thanks, I’m getting used to it” or “thanks, I’m not quite sure if I like it”. Or with new clothes…friend “I love those jeans!”…me- “thanks, I’m not sure they fit quite right” or the classic “thanks, they were on sale”.
Why do we (I) feel the need to soften a kind word from someone? Do I think they’re not being sincere? Does it make me feel uncomfortable being the center of attention? Do I feel unworthy? My husband has been working on this with me for years. He tells me to just say “thanks”. That’s it, end of story, just “thanks”. No need to soften it, no need to reciprocate, just “thanks”. Oh to be a man sometimes….I’ll keep working on it…anyway *sigh*.

These past few weeks, I’ve been feeling a little blah about my weight loss. I’m stuck. Feeling kind of like Charlie Brown and someone pulled the football out from under me. I need to put the mo-mo in my mo-jo! And with my writing? Well I feel like I’m boring myself with my blah-de-blah blog, let alone you, my awesomesauce blog readers. Thanks to Lynn for this great Charlie Brown pic. J
So if I go quiet for a while, know it’s because I’m taking some time to regroup and refocus mentally,  physically and spiritually. Spring is such a great time to for growth and reinvention.
As this new season approaches, what are you doing to keep motivated and focused?
Make the choice, commit to the choice and continue with courage.
Hugs and friendship,
Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment