Monday, May 8, 2017

The Magic Sauce

A few days ago I reached out to my Beachbody team because I knew I was getting off track and I was having trouble reeling it in on my own. I set up a 6 week challenge that starts today. This challenge has an added component of reporting out to the group (in a safe way) each week if we gained, lost or stayed the same. I knew that I needed this kind of accountability, but I didn’t know how badly I did.
Today, day one of the challenge, I weighed and measured, and oh sh!t, it wasn’t pretty. I am up in my weight and measurements. And while this wasn’t a surprise to me (I knew that I was), it still hurt. I am up more than I thought. I am up more than I’d like to be. It’s pretty discouraging. I’m genuinely disappointed and rather disgusted with myself. It doesn’t feel good to go backwards, especially when I’ve had such a public and transparent wellness journey. I’m working hard to keep my head in a positive space today. I know that self-berating does nothing. It’s not productive. I acknowledge those feelings and I’m moving on.

The best revenge is taking action. Over the weekend I went to a Beachbody event in Philly. It was training on how to be a better coach. One of the core messages was consistency. That to be a great coach you don’t have to be super flashy or be overly talented in one area or another. To be successful you have to show up and put up. You have to do the work. Now some of you may be reading this thinking “wow Tara, brilliant” <insert sarcasm here>. But let’s get real. Showing up, putting up, doing the work, it’s not easy. We can come up with a million excuses as to why something is not working, but the reality is that we are not putting in the work and we need to own that. I need to own that.

During this training they also talked about that success can be found in our systems. I have a system that works and I know this. It’s called Beachbody. Portion fix works. The combination of built in portion control and whole foods is extremely effective and I know this. So I am back to using my containers, writing down my foods, paying closer attention to the food list. Planning my day, planning my meals. I am back to basics. My eating is where I’ve been falling down and I know it. Big-time! The structured workout programs work. And while I have to tweak the program a bit because of my knee, I have mapped out 6 weeks of activity. I will be pushing play every day. My workout program is printed and on my refrigerator. This non-morning gal rolled her butt out of bed early today and I already completed my workout- Sculpt B is done. I’m proud to say that I’ve been consistent with my workouts. I know how important daily movement is to my state of mind. Shakeology works. I am consistent with my shakes. They are a huge carb craving crusher for me. The support system works. We are better together. I am currently in a challenge group and am kicking off a new group today. I need the support. I need the accountability. I know that if I go this alone, I will begin to isolate. I’ll also lie to myself about how I’m doing and what I’m eating and before I know it, I will be back to where I started. And I REFUSE to let that happen. Five years ago I reached my weight loss goal and I have been maintaining that 40 pound loss ever since. Has the scale fluctuated? Yes, I am human. I love food, especially sweets. Gimme all the chocolate!

This is not a sprint, it’s a distance run with an ever changing finish line. I am not finished. Neither are you. I am a work in progress. I will accept where I am and commit to getting back to where I want to be.

Beachbody works. I believe in this program. I believe in me. I believe that I can and I will turn this around. I am willing to show up. I am willing to put in the work. I will not quit on myself. The people who get results, no matter what they are pursing, no matter the obstacle, are the ones who are willing to grind. That’s the magic sauce right there. Be consistent. Be persistent and never EVER give up.


Decide. Commit. Succeed.
Hugs and friendship,

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment