Sunday, June 24, 2012

Ready, Set, Goal!

This week I got back to my Weight Watcher’s lifetime goal weight. Not only did I reach my goal, I’m now one pound below my goal! I have not been this weight since 2003.
It’s been a slow and steady road to get here and I I thank you for being with me every step of the way. I am proud to be a Weight Watcher for life.   
In March 2011, I decided to make my weight battle public by starting this blog. Some people choose to lose privately, some publicly and there is no right or wrong way. For me having a way to express myself through writing was very helpful. I wanted to share my successes and even my failures with you.
I also set a few goals:
1- Healthy Thinking- I will have a positive long term approach to my weight loss. I will surround myself with people who support my goals. I will make small changes that lead to big results. I will help others along the way.  
2- Honor God With My Body- I will appreciate this one body that God gave me. I will treasure and take care of it. I will value this gift of life. I will make choices that bring glory to God.
3- Moving More- I will become an active, healthy adult. I will explore new activities and adventures to help me get fit. I will see exercise as a privilege and not a chore.
4- Goal weight 141- I will set a healthy, maintainable goal weight for my body type and frame. I will achieve my goal within a year.
5- Weight Watcher’s Leader- I will become a local Weight Watcher’s leader and will nurture a community of healthy, balanced, positive and compassionate members.
Over the next few weeks I’ll be reflecting on my first four goals and how I got there. I’ll also be sharing with you my steps to become a Weight Watcher’s leader-goal number five!
I hope you’ll stay with me on this next leg of my journey. I can’t wait to share it with you!
Ask for help. Make the choice. Commit to the choice. Continue with courage.
Hugs and friendship,
Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment